At Moto Transportation, we know that the possibility of freight damage should always be a concern when choosing a trucking company or LTL freight carrier and that the chances of a freight shipment getting damaged are very high from the moment the shipment leaves the shipper’s door. That is why our team of expert shippers has put together some helpful information on damages and claims to help you better protect your shipment.
Protecting Your Shipment from Damage
While most major trucking companies have a claim ratio you can follow (Moto is 99.99% damage free!) to ensure that you choose the right company for the job, there are a few extra precautions you can take to ensure your shipment arrives at its destination safely. Some of the other ways you can make sure your shipment arrives damage free include:
- Crate your shipment.
- Wrap your pallet or shipping container in cardboard to protect the contents.
- Label your goods with “Fragile Shipment” and “Handle with Care”.
- Choose an LTL shipping company that does not cross dock freight more than necessary.
- Do not overload your pallet.
- Secure your freight well with shrink wrap or straps.
Making a Damage Claim
If your shipment does get damaged, the first step is to submit a freight claim. Please make sure to have the following documents ready when submitting a claim:
- Delivery receipt or proof of delivery with damage noted.
- Commercial invoice.
- Bill of lading.
- Proof of payment of freight carrier invoice.
- Any damage pictures.
If you have any questions about how to best handle freight damages and claims, the staff at Moto Transportation would be happy to help. Get in touch with our professional team by calling 604-757-2441 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.